business Ethics: lesson Plans, Knowledge Management, Ethics and Capitalism Collide

Laws Of Exponents Lesson Plans - business Ethics: lesson Plans, Knowledge Management, Ethics and Capitalism Collide

Good evening. Yesterday, I learned all about Laws Of Exponents Lesson Plans - business Ethics: lesson Plans, Knowledge Management, Ethics and Capitalism Collide. Which may be very helpful in my experience therefore you. business Ethics: lesson Plans, Knowledge Management, Ethics and Capitalism Collide

Recently I read of a new website where teachers can post and sell their chapter plans to recover the time that they had spent in developing these plans. On the surface, this sounds cheap and why would anyone object to teachers production a petite more money straight through such a capitalist speculation and leveraging their intellectual capitol?

What I said. It shouldn't be the conclusion that the actual about Laws Of Exponents Lesson Plans. You look at this article for information about a person need to know is Laws Of Exponents Lesson Plans.

Laws Of Exponents Lesson Plans

However this quiz, is much more about insight the importance of retaining intellectual capital (knowledge management) within the educational system and how this demonstrates questionable ethics on part of the teachers.

Consider the following scenario:

I am an instructional designer (person who writes training programs) and employed full time. Part of my job is to generate activities that promote learning for the target audience. Do I have a right to sell those activities on my own time on a website? Even though I am not a lawyer, I know that this would be extremely unethical and probably illegal. These activities are the direct follow of my job description. My manager has already paid me for their creation.

Now, I am a instructor who is paid to educate young people. Also, I am paid to attend numerous professional improvement days in which I learn to generate exact chapter plans that promote learning for my students. Do I have a right to sell those activities on my own time on a website? From a legal standpoint, I don't know the riposte to that question. However, from an ethical standpoint, certainly not! What is happening is that I am being paid twice to perform the same work. Some individuals call this double dipping and in many proven cases it is illegal.

As a old collective school teacher, elected school board trustee and now a operation revision consultant, I have seen hundreds of thousands of dollars lost by school systems because they had not created a knowledge supervision process. chapter plans created during school hours and during time designated to instructor professional improvement should be archived by the school corporation so that every instructor benefits from this knowledge. Just think about all that lost knowledge and wisdom and its very expensive price tag.

Professional improvement is truly expensive. according to Northern Central Regional learning Laboratory (Ncrl), a quick hunt revealed the following funds of funds for professional development:

Illinois over 0 million annually for professional development

Iowa over million

Michigan over million

Ohio over million

Additionally within each school day, teachers receive paid preparing time to work on their chapter plans, grade students' papers, etc. For many teachers, the designated time is not enough and time must be spent after school hours to complete their daily tasks. And the quiz, then arises, if I am doing it on my own time, then I own the intellectual capitol and have the right to sell this capitol. However, many salaried habitancy take their work home to discontinue it and are not compensated for those efforts. In the real world, it is part of the job.

What for me is most troubling about teachers selling chapter plans (that in many cases are the intellectual property of the school) is one of ethics. Since I was a old teacher, I experienced first hand the extra hours invested in preparing my room, grading papers and creating captivating learning activities. Yet, coming from a small company background, doing all this perceived extra stuff wasn't certainly all that extra because it was part of the job, plain and simple. To go out and sell the fruits of my labor that were paid for by my manager would be totally unethical and probably would get me fired. Yet, teachers are being encouraged to engage in unethical behavior and they probably believe it is Ok.

And ultimately there is the issue of copyright. In many instructor professional improvement workshops, the speakers distribute sample chapter plans. With today's technology, a quick scan and a few edits can change the visual rights of the chapter plan, but the intellectual capitol still belongs to the presenter of the workshop. Of policy if a pupil did this, it would be cheating or plagiarism.

As a small company and instruction coach who has created hundreds of learning activities to help clients best understand key concepts, I have always acknowledged the source of the performance such as a concept, story or quote when it wasn't mine. This keeps me always aware of my own ethical standards and ensures that I hold fast and true to those standards.

So before any instructor sells what they believe to be their chapter plan, maybe they need to identify where that plan came from and ask themselves: "Have I already been paid for that chapter plan?"

I hope you receive new knowledge about Laws Of Exponents Lesson Plans. Where you possibly can offer utilization in your everyday life. And above all, your reaction is passed about Laws Of Exponents Lesson Plans.

0 comments:

Post a Comment